The Federal Senate has established an Inquiry into universal access to reproductive healthcare.
MSI Australia is hosting an online forum on Wednesday November 9 at 4pm AEDT on what the inquiry terms mean, how it applies in practice and how to make a submission in line with the terms of reference.
We have developed a submission template which you can download here. Participants are encouraged to fill out the template as they listen to the webinar. The speakers follow a winding path through the terms of reference. They will provide a diversity of perspectives on how we can achieve universal access to abortion and contraception care in Australia.
The event will be MC’d by Bonney Corbin and the speakers will flow in the following order:
- Dr Regina Torres Quiazon, Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health
- Jamal Hakim, MSI Australia
- Amy Remeikis, Guardian Australia
- Dr Philip Goldstone, MS Health
- Dr Syahir Soffi, Royal Darwin and Palmerston Hospitals
- Dr Catriona Melville, MSI Australia
- Dr Lydia Mainey, CQ University
- Swathy Santhakumar, Medical Student
- Delaram Ansari, Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health
- Margherita DallOcco-Vaccaro, Women with Disabilities Australia
- Morgan Carpenter, Intersex Human Rights Australia
- Dr Ruth McNair, LGBTIQ+ Health
- Dr Romy Listo, Women’s Health Matters
- Brenna Bernardino, Reproductive Justice advocate
- Alyssa Shaw, Fair Agenda
There will be Auslan interpreters and captions. The event will be recorded and distributed to participants.
For any enquiries or accessibility needs for this event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org